Tuesday 15 September 2015

Dieciocho

So this month in Chile is very special as it leads up to the eighteenth, which is Dieciocho. Dieciocho is 'Chile's Birthday' the day the Chileans celebrate Independence from Spain in 1810. Everyone is listening and playing Chilean music, the bunting and Chilean flags get put up and everything is happy. Everyday wherever you go there are people flying kites, I have yet to ask why, but I can only assume that seen as it became so popular only in September that it is to do with Dieciocho.
All school's put on dance shows with all the national dances from Chile, Easter Island, and Mapuche dances too. The typical Chilean dance is the 'Cueca'. My class choreographed and learned dances of the 'Cueca' we had four dances in our routine. 
La Bandera: This sort of opens up the dances and sort of honors that they are from Chile ( I was in this dance)
 El Chincolito: Which is just for the boys.
La Jota: This dance is very pretty, I also danced in this one.
La Cueca Fantasia: This was choreographed by two girls and they did so amazing it looked very good .... during practice.

 Link to the video:    My class's performance

No comments:

Post a Comment